This position employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
The Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan and coordinates services.
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being by assessing their care needs.
- Plan and implement interventions to meet care needs.
- Coordinates services, monitors and evaluates the case management plan against the member's personal goals.
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care. Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member’s care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract.
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities and other care settings – 75-90% local travel
Care Coaches shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field OR Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the state of Florida at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Six years of professional human services experience.
Care Coaches shall meet all of the following qualifications:
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office, to ensure you and your patients have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (No Satellite).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field OR Licensed Practice Nurse.
- 701B Certification.
- Medication application (RFA) experience.
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients.
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience.
- Road Warrior who enjoys traveling long distances.
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experience with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems.
- Experience working with geriatric population.
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours