United Gear & Assembly is expanding and looking for career-minded individuals to fill our openings for CNC Machine Operator and our more senior role of CNC Machine Set up Operator at our Hudson, WI location! We want YOU to APPLY NOW!
United Gear & Assembly offers:
- Highly Competitive Salary –
- CNC Machine Operator: Starting pay of $17.00 per hour + $2.00 shift differential for second or third shift, and $3.00 shift differential for weekend only shift!
- CNC Set up Operator: $22.00-$28.00 per hour depending on experience, plus $2.00 shift differential for second or third shift, or $3.00 shift differential for weekend only shift!
- 401k with Company contribution of 4%
- Profit sharing
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability once eligibility requirements are met
- Paid holidays
- Company paid short term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Much more!
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
Our roles require:
- CNC Machine Operator: Previous experience running CNC Machines to perform operations on: Lathes, Mills, Grinders, Turning, Shapers, Broaching, or Hobs – on the job experience should be commensurate with role you are applying for
- CNC Machine Set up Operator: 3 to 5 years of previous experience setting up CNC Machines to perform operations on: Lathes, Mills, Grinders, Turning, Shapers, Broaching, or Hobs
- Machinist Certification, or current machinist school experience is a plus
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work first, second, third, or weekend shift
- Read/interpret standard and metric measurements
- Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Strong attention to detail
Some responsibilities for both roles include:
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements
- Mounts work piece between centers, in chuck, or to faceplate, manually or using hoist
- Selects and installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads, and automatic-tool-change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet
- Depresses buttons, toggles, and starts machining operation
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts
- Turns dials and switches to override tape control and correct machine performance, applying practical knowledge of lathe operation
- Inspects first-run piece and spot-checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and precision dial gauges
- Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run to shorten changeover time
- May set tools before positioning them in lathe, using precision gauges and instruments
- May set up and operate another machine tool during machining cycles
United Gear & Assembly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Join our expanding team and APPLY TODAY! We hope to hear from you soon!
Manufacturing, General Labor, Other
Highly competitive compensation - see job description!