Job Title: CASS Supervisor
Department: Quality Assurance - VS/CASS – Air Group Building, 1400 North Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY 40223
Days: Mon - Fri Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Hours per Week: 45
Work Environment: Office environment. Business casual dress.
Job Description: The Quality Assurance Vendor Surveillance/Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) Supervisor manages the regulatory and internal requirements associated with CASS and Vendor Surveillance programs within UPS Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering functions. This includes internal and external aircraft maintenance audits, monitoring and analyzing data for trends as provided by aircraft maintenance surveillance systems. Interprets data analysis results and develops risk management strategies. Manages internal processes and regulatory requirements for Air Carrier Maintenance Provider (ACMP) approval and surveillance. Manage ACMP certifications and qualifications, deviations, and maintains required documentation of approved vendor lists.
The Vendor Surveillance/CASS Supervisor responsibilities include: Monitor CASS processes to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and company manuals. Monitor and interpret regulatory changes to update company manuals to meet regulatory requirements. Perform self-audits to validate internal process alignment with regulatory and company requirements. Participate in meetings to review audit/regulatory compliance data to support development of action plans. Evaluate corrective action implementation to ensure comprehensive execution of solutions. Review Coordinating Agencies for Supplier Evaluation (C.A.S.E.) documents to set guidelines for CASS and ACMP programs. Conduct review of ACMP policies and procedures, requested deviations to CAMP, and vendor addition process. Evaluate ACMP revisions to ensure policies and procedures meet regulatory requirements.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate or have knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems and aircraft maintenance practices.
- Experience with CASS Programs including audits, surveillance and corrective action processes.
- Experience performing root cause analysis and monitoring processes to identify issues involving 14 CFR part 121 Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP).
- Working knowledge of 14 CFR part 121 regulations and guidance material.
- Demonstrates mechanical understanding of fleet operations and identifies problems; understands preventative maintenance methodologies; uses experience to understand problems with aircraft systems and components.
- Understands CASS functions, regulations, and requirements of regulatory agencies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety and regulatory compliance.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills regarding aircraft maintenance and regulatory matters.
- Experience with Airline Safety Management Systems (SMS), General Maintenance Manual (GMM), and conducting Risk Assessments.
Interpersonal Skills: Be able to interact with other airline department personnel and reinforce corrective action requirements and implementation of timelines, presentation skills.
Federal Aviation Administration required Drug Testing Information (FAA):
As part of the UPS pre-employment process for a safety sensitive position, a drug screen is required. UPS Must receive a negative test result before you can be put into a safety sensitive position (14 CFR Part 120.107)
Please be advised that you will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.109(a)(5) and 14 CFR 120 Subpart E to determine the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids-hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law