Job Title: Buyer II
Location: Winston Salem NC 27105
Duration: 6 months with the possibility for contract to hire
Role and Responsibilities:
- This is a supply chain position
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and places orders with approved suppliers.
- May evaluate bids, select and/or recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service.
- May assist in negotiations for major purchases by developing or compiling statistical information and gathering other data as required.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations and engineering changes.
- Confers with vendors and analyzes vendor's operations to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Coordinates with the accounting department as required to resolve questions on supplier invoices.
- Building productive working relationships internally and externally. Frequent internal company and external contacts.
- Represents organization on specific projects.
- Utilizes MRP system and processes to manage the outcome for assigned commodity types.
- Coordinating - Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
- Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
- Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.
- Detail Orientation - Is able to provide the status of work assignments at any time and can quickly produce any documentation or information that is need.
- Follow-up - Demonstrates the expected level of follow through with internal or external customers.
- Information Management - Uses various software packages to maintain and update documents and records.
- Strategic Thinking - Has a firm understanding of the organization's competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Stress Tolerance - Remains professional during stressful situations.
- Experience in Manufacturing
- Experience in MRP
- Sense of Urgency
- Written and verbal communication
- JD Edwards MRP
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years’ experience OR HS diploma with 5-10 years’ experience
- First shift with possible OT