Are you a master at building relationships? And a purchasing guru? If you also bring a high level of integrity and sense of urgency to the table, then you could be our next Buyer at Welbilt's Frymaster facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers’ Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Under moderate supervision, the Buyer II purchases materials, supplies, and services at favorable terms for the organization. They will qualify vendors, evaluate bids, and negotiate prices and terms for purchased goods and services. The Buyer II tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
Reporting directly to the Manager Materials II, this position is based in Shreveport, Louisiana.*
- Obtains goods/services required by the organization including Indirect Operations (e.g., Office Supplies, Computers, Maintenance, Machine Parts, etc.) and Direct Operations (e.g., Raw Materials and Services for Manufacturing, Production or Construction; Products for Retail, etc.).
- Procurement processes include Product/Service Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Pricing/Terms Negotiation, Order Processing, Contract Administration, Supplier Performance Management. May include Strategic Sourcing.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, researches, and evaluates suppliers that meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
- Recognizes and evaluates sales, promotional campaigns, and other opportunities to secure reduced prices.
- Works with suppliers regarding delivery conditions and commits to purchases (within established limits of authority) with terms that are in the organization's best interest.
- Interprets inventory requests, production schedules, purchase requisitions, orders, and other documents to co-ordinate purchasing activities in view of current and anticipated demand for goods and materials.
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follows up the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicates status of orders with internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, General Business, or a related field with 2-4 years experience in obtaining goods and/or services is preferred. Will consider candidates with an Associate’s or High School Diploma with 6+ years of experience.
- Manufacturing industry knowledge or experience is preferred.
- Must have exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with AS400 would be helpful, but is not required.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills; must have the ability to work across many departments within an organization including production, engineering, supply chain, and finance.
- Strong time management skills are required with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Must be able to wear all required PPE (personal protective equipment) as this position will require interaction on the manufacturing production floor.
- Normal office environment with periodic time spent on concrete floors of the production facility.
Shreveport, Louisiana is an industry leader in the manufacturing of commercial fryer, fryer filtration equipment (built-in and portable), foodservice equipment computers, water-bath rethermalizers, pasta cookers and hot holding units. Leading brands include Frymaster and Merco. The facility in Shreveport is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.