Are you a master at building relationships? And a purchasing guru? If you also bring a high level of integrity and sense of urgency to the table, then you could be our next Buyer at Welbilt's New Albany IN facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Under close supervision, this position assists in purchasing materials, supplies and services at favorable terms for the organization. Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information. The entry-level position works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Problems are not typically difficult or complex. Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, this position is based in New Albany, Indiana*.
- Obtains goods/services required by the organization including Indirect Operations (e.g., Office Supplies, Computers, Maintenance, Machine Parts, etc.) and Direct Operations (e.g., Raw Materials and Services for Manufacturing, Production or Construction; Products for Retail, etc.).
- Procurement processes include Product/Service Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Pricing/Terms Negotiation, Order Processing, Contract Administration, Supplier Performance Management. May include Strategic Sourcing.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identifies, researches, and evaluates suppliers that meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
- Recognizes and evaluates sales, promotional campaigns, and other opportunities to secure reduced prices.
- Assesses supplier's products to ensure they that they comply with specifications and meets the organization's quality standards.
- Analyzes and evaluates supplier bids, tenders, proposals, or quotations; negotiates prices and delivery conditions; and commits to purchases (within established limits of authority) with terms that are in the organization's best interest.
- Interprets inventory requests, production schedules, purchase requisitions, orders, and other documents to co-ordinate purchasing activities in view of current and anticipated demand for goods and materials.
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follows up the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicates status of orders with internal customers.
- Bachelor's Degree with 0-2 years purchasing experience. Will consider a minimum of 4 years of purchasing experience in lieu of education.
- Previous experience in Supplier Management, Vendor Relationships, Documentation Skills, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting
- SAP or Oracle knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required
- Normal office environment, must be able to sit for long periods of time
*New Albany, Indiana is a leading provider of ice/beverage dispensing equipment, blended beverage systems, long draw beer systems, and pre-chilling units for the global foodservice industry. The facility in New Albany is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.