Are you a master atbuilding relationships? And a purchasing guru? If you also bring a high levelof integrity and sense of urgency to the table, then you could be our nextBuyer at Welbilt's KitchenCare facility*.
We are Welbilt! We arepioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch backnearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' WelbiltStove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food andbeverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent andbuild careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you.We win together as one team.
Under close supervision,this position assists in purchasing materials, supplies and services atfavorable terms for the organization. Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, andnegotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Tracks purchases,monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendorinformation. The entry-level position works on projects/matters of limitedcomplexity in a support role.
Reporting directly to the PurchasingManager, this position is based in Jeffersonville, Indiana*.Major Accountability:
- Obtainsgoods/services required by the organization including Indirect Operations(e.g., Office Supplies, Computers, Maintenance, Machine Parts, etc.) and DirectOperations (e.g., Raw Materials and Services for Manufacturing, Production orConstruction; Products for Retail, etc.).
- Procurementprocesses include Product/Service Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Pricing/TermsNegotiation, Order Processing, Contract Administration, Supplier PerformanceManagement. May include Strategic Sourcing.
Key Tasks &Responsibilities:
- Identifies,researches, and evaluates suppliers that meet the organization's standards ofprice, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
- Recognizesand evaluates sales, promotional campaigns, and other opportunities to securereduced prices.
- Assessessupplier's products to ensure they that they comply with specifications andmeets the organization's quality standards.
- Analyzesand evaluates supplier bids, tenders, proposals, or quotations; negotiatesprices and delivery conditions; and commits to purchases (within establishedlimits of authority) with terms that are in the organization's best interest.
- Interpretsinventory requests, production schedules, purchase requisitions, orders, andother documents to co-ordinate purchasing activities in view of current andanticipated demand for goods and materials.
- Monitorsthe quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follows up thestatus of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; andcommunicates status of orders with internal customers.
- Bachelor'sDegree with a minimum 0-2 years purchasing experience required. Will consider aminimum of 4 years of purchasing experience in lieu of education.
- Previousexperience in Supplier Management, Vendor Relationships, Documentation Skills,Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting
- SAPor Oracle knowledge a plus
- Knowledgeof Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required
- Normaloffice environment, must be able to sit for long periods of time
*Welbilt KitchenCare is our promise to understand, meet and exceed theexpectations of our customers for the lifetime of their business - ensuringthey can operate with confidence and agility, day in and day out. KitchenCarestarts with evaluation of operating needs, expands when equipment arriveson-site and continues for the lifecycle of the operation. Just a phone callaway, our team is on hand 24/7 to support our customers in choosing the rightproducts and delivering a customizable level of service from our portfolio. ThroughKitchenCare, we empower each customer to manage their Welbilt equipment andtheir operation for a one-of-a kind lifetime experience in collaboration withWelbilt, delivering Performance for a lifetime. KitchenCare is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides theworld's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents withindustry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutionsare powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Ourportfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®,Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®,Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three servicebrands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, ourfully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-baseddigital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida,supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilitiesthroughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network ofover 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For moreinformation, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is anequal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equalconsideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color,religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status,medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment,hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individualskills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.