Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products, and services. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career doing your life’s best work.
An internship as a Business Operations Analyst means you’ll play a key role in a high volume, focus and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. The internship program will provide you with some of the best training and tools in the world to support you and help serve our members.
We offer a growth-based culture with extraordinary opportunities and succeed by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors.
**This is a full-time internship position and will be available starting June 2022**
**Housing assistance may be available for this position depending on location**
**Internship Locations: Greensboro, NC, Chico, CA, San Antonio, TX, Richardson, TX, Dublin, OH, Oldsmar, FL, Kingston, NY, Cheektowago, NY and Eau Claire, WI**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Gain company and industry knowledge.
- Build a healthcare consumer mindset.
- Enhance communication and presentation skills.
- Learn and understand different work styles.
- Learn and live our corporate culture and values.
- Access a very comprehensive repository of online self-development tools and resources.
- Participate in a 10-week internship program that includes a comprehensive and structured training curriculum. This will include training on systems and call center processes necessary to serve members.
- Enhance member call experience through (goal is to build customer centric acumen):
- Conducting audits of inbound calls
- Performing Voice of Customer work
- Gathering and document findings
- Communicating analysis and interpretate to appropriate audience
- Guiding and educating members around available resources and options
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects
- Understands priorities and performance metrics such as Quality, Schedule Adherence, After Call Work, Service Levels, Customer Satisfaction, and other performance metrics
- Understands operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment. Implements strategies to improve operational performance including call management, call back rate, transfer rate, quality and United Experience Survey. As needed, prepares, delivers and manages remediation plans.
- Experience to include networking opportunities, basic technical skills training, speaker series, and additional enrichment activities throughout the summer program.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Rising Senior status during the summer of 2022
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Leader Launch, Business Operations, Intern, Early Careers, UHC, Multiple locations, Greensboro, NC, Chico, CA, San Antonio, TX, Richardson, TX, Dublin, OH, Oldsmar, FL, Kingston, NY, Cheektowago, NY, Eau Claire, WI