Internships at Optum. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 94,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. Our internship opportunities provide a view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. Here, you’ll work with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Perform setup and administration of application data configurations. Assist in the application set up and configuration for new and revised codes, templates, and process flows in LHI's internal information system. Assist with the quality assurance and testing processes to ensure that the developed software functions satisfy original and end user requirements. Assist with translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Assist with MedNet (internal information system) application setup and configuration
- Input of codes used for data collection and document review
- Assist with customer configuration specifically field codes, document codes, report tags, report rules, kit items and customer codes
- Maintain report templates and keep current in MedNet.
- Answer user questions – MedNet “help desk”
- Implement event tree setup and monitor event tree change requests as part of automated process flow setup and configuration with MedNet system
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED or HSED)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Physics, or other major with MIS emphasis combined
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail is essential as are good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete a project in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive application setup tasks
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Knowledge of database structure and database table relationships
- Ability to understand complex concepts of software setup, configuration and customization especially the relationships between database tables
- Experience with SQL query language, MS SQL Server, SQL, other relational databases
- Corporate experience with large database based applications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.