UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn, you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This specialist role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy, and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. You'll be part of a team that's out to assist company affiliates with initial deployment and ongoing support of systems and processes that leverage contracted national network rates and policies. Join us and you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintain and perform intra-department audits
- Provide intra-departmental information and support on in-house automated system configurations
- Perform testing on complex system configuration implementations and changes
- Interface with Claims, Client Relations, Provider Relations, and all other customer support staff in solution of benefit and provider issues
- Configure complex benefit plans, division of financial responsibility tables and pricing
- Create and execute level II SQL queries in support of daily business operations as well as general system research and trouble-shooting efforts
- Encounter Data error research, review and response level II
- Participate as a subject matter expert (SME) in the continued design and development of in-house software applications
- Provide new client implementation project management leadership within the Operations Department
- Collaborate in review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and aid in developing strategies for improvement or further leveraging of available resources
- Monitor Help Desk Ticket requests for timely assignment, and completion
- Troubleshoot system configuration and/or processing issues using SQL Query
- Collaborate in the development, and implementation of new processes, applications, and enhancements to existing applications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of provider contract and benefits interpretation and system configuration experience in a multi-state managed care setting
- 3+ years of automated system testing experience
- Knowledge of office automation, outbound dialer systems, data processing techniques and practices, forms, and records management
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
- Intermediate to advanced SQL query writing ability
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Business Analyst III, Business Analyst, provider contract, benefits interpretation, system configuration, automated system testing, office automation, outbound dialer systems, data processing, SQL, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana