Business Analyst/Data Analyst
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Business Analyst/Data Analyst - Equities/SQL/Market Data in Tampa, FL
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Job Title: Business Analyst/Data Analyst - Equities/SQL/Market Data
Location: Tampa, FL
Expected Duration: 12 Months Contract with possible extension
* Work as lead business analyst/project manager in the Client's team supporting client analytics
* Gather business requirements, perform detailed analysis, and produce associated functional specifications across multiple functions.
* Develop Subject Matter Expertise on the key data elements that are consumed for client analytics
* Project management & oversight of the deliverables across the book of work
* Manage & Participate in SIT/UAT testing cycles managing technology and business stakeholders
* Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy
* Provide regular updates to senior management in technology, middle office & front office
* Define cutover strategy from existing solutions to newer strategic solutions
* Training of relevant teams prior to go-live of new business processes/products, functionality or applications
* Go-live support, investigation of issues.
* Ensure adherence to and develop best practices supporting Client's Project Management Standards
* Ensuring proper development life cycle is followed with artefacts to support Internal Audit and any inquiries
* Partner with business, technology and quant stakeholders to suggest innovative solutions to existing issues
* Ensure the business needs are met with the most elegant and timely technology solutions
* Work with technology leads across various teams to accomplish objectives
* Work with Data Governance and Quality teams to understand data issues
* Work with various technology leads to ensure the gaps in the data completeness or accuracy are converted into prioritized Book of Work items
* Front Office Equities background with Middle and Back Office exposure, particularly in the Cash space
* 5+ years of business analysis experience in client facing analytical roles
* Graduate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
* Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design
* Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be trader and sales facing)
* Experience working with teams supporting business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, QlikView will be a plus
* Significant Business Analysis experience across the full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing and deployment).
* Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Experience with modern software development practices (test-driven development, Agile continuous integration)
* Strong SQL with experience working with RDMS such as oracle, sybase, netezza
* Ability to handle complex projects independently
* Problem-solving and facilitation skills
* Proven delivery record of multiple projects involving process change and technology enhancements.
* Understanding of regulatory constraints and experience in delivering regulatory projects is extremely desirable
* Self-motivation and prioritization of tasks and actions to hit deadlines according to business priorities
* Enthusiastic and proactive approach
* Good attention to detail and relevant product knowledge
* Experience in order management systems
* Strong understanding of FIX message specification
* A history of delivering against agreed objectives
* Willingness to learn
* Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving work flow
* Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
* Ability to leverage strong interpersonal collaboration skills in a fast-paced team environment
* The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
* Thoroughness and organization is expected, as well as sound judgment
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
'We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.'
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 129840 when responding to this ad.