Business Analyst (Financial)
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Business Analyst in Irving, TX
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Irving, TX
Expected Duration: 6 Months Contract with possible extension or permanent depending on performance of the candidate and client needs.
* Independently research, develop, and implement models for credit risk, market risk, and/or counterparty credit, including risk capital and/or stress testing, macro econometric and time series forecasting models
* Develop, implement and enhance methodologies, algorithms and diagnostic tools for testing model robustness, stability, reliability, performance, and quality control of modelling data, e.g., historical market data used for model parameter calibration, and participate in annual model reviews
* Develop, maintain, and enhance technical and non-technical documentation, including project plans, model descriptions, mathematical derivations, data analyses, processes and quality controls
* Work on various assigned tasks in response to regulatory and internal risk management requirements
* Masters degree (Preferred) in Economics, Finance, or another quantitative field (Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics, etc.) is required. Advanced degree (PhD) is advantageous, as is exceptional academic record (rewards, recognition, etc.)
* Other qualifications such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF), etc. are advantageous
* Demonstrable interest in applying sophisticated mathematical/analytical techniques to solve real-world problems-especially in banking, finance, or risk management-is required
* Experience or knowledge of one or more of the following topics is highly advantageous but not essential: derivative pricing, risk management practices, numerical methods including Monte Carlo simulation, statistical hypothesis testing, banking- or trading-book products, accounting and corporate finance, credit risk modelling, market risk modelling, counterparty risk modelling, risk capital modelling, stress testing
* Solid programming skills, with experience of statistical/data analysis techniques and numerical implementations and some familiarity of modern software development tools, is required. Specific experience in SAS, Python, R, using statistical packages and regression models, C/C++, UNIX, databases, and version control systems is particularly advantageous
* Good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex technical information and explain it clearly, is required
* Hands-on experience of quantitative financial modelling (research, development, implementation) and maintaining detailed technical documentation for models, model validation, projects plans and processes, is highly advantageous
* Highly motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Logical and thoughtful approach to work, with ability to perform well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
* Giving careful attention to detail, with capability to deliver high quality results
* Potential to build trusted relationships confidently
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
'We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.'
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 129143 when responding to this ad.