The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America. Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Performs a variety of maintenance and service related activities throughout the Administrative Office Building and grounds. Renovates offices, including the installation, repair and rearranging of both free standing and modular systems furniture and floor to ceiling partitions in accordance with approved plans. Maintains building by performing minor drywall repairs, touch-up painting, spot cleaning carpets, replacing floor, ceiling, carpet tiles, light bulbs and fixtures. Ensures the neat and orderly appearance of Headquarters property. Removes snow from entrance and walk ways using snow removal equipment. Compacts rubbish and arranges for its removal. Gathers confidential materials from specified office areas and prepares for destruction. Collects recyclable materials for proper removal.
Maintains and makes minor repairs to restroom plumbing, lighting, fountain equipment and cafeteria equipment. Maintains/makes minor repairs to machinery and equipment such as snow blowers, underground sprinklers, janitorial equipment, and miscellaneous hand tools.
Performs or assists engineers in the maintenance of HVAC equipment such as: filters changes, motor repair or replacement, belts, bearing repair etc. Arranges furniture and equipment including audio-visual set ups for meetings. Mounts both internal and exterior signs.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in building maintenance
- Ability to read and understand architectural, engineering and space plans
Work Environment: Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Frequent (up to 30% of work time) exposure to adverse weather conditions/temperature extremes. Occasional travel (less than 20% of work time) with exposure to road hazards.
Possession of a valid State driver’s license.
Experience in general building maintenance to include:
- Drywall repair and painting
- Assembly and installation of Haworth or equivalent systems furniture
- Minor mechanical, electrical, plumbing and kitchen equipment repair
- Minor irrigation repairs
- Re-lamping and ballast replacement
- Minor ductwork and VAV installations
- Use of power drain cleaning devices
- Use of arc and oxyacetylene welding equipment
- Use of hand and portable power tools
- Operating a fork lift
- Minor electrical trouble shooting and repair
- Minor cafeteria equipment trouble shooting and repair
- Minor plumbing and repair
- Pass forklift licensing
- Read and follow written instructions
- Pass complete physical examination
- Lift and move heavy objects (for example 250 lbs. with the aid of another person or equipment)
- Work frequent and excessive overtime including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Successfully complete drug screening
- Safely operate a motor vehicle in order to travel to various ACG locations
Willingness to remain on call and respond on a twenty-four (24) hour per day, seven (7) day per week basis.
Willingness to work outside under adverse weather conditions.
Willingness to wear company supplied uniforms, footwear, eye protection, and head protection as required.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.