Branch Management Associate Program – Various Locations & Open to Travel
The Management Associate will participate in a 6 to 18 month management development training program designed for participants to gain the requisite knowledge and leadership skills in order to advance into an Assistant Branch Manager position within the footprint of our retail branch network. The candidate for this position should demonstrate a high level of initiative, discretion, and judgment and must be able to take ownership of the learning process through the completion of training courses, rotations, assignments and objectives noted in his or her personal development plan. The Management Associate will develop the capability to independently manage a branch, including the teller unit, platform, and other ancillary operations. Additionally, the incumbent will learn how to support the Branch Manager in the achievement of business development, customer service and operational performance goals, in order to maximize profitability and ensure that policies, procedures, and controls have been implemented to protect the Bank against monetary loss.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and perform the following positions through in-branch training rotations: Teller, Operations Supervisor, Customer Service Representative and Assistant Branch Manager.
- Attend a variety of assigned training courses.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of business development, customer service, operating procedures, policies, security/safety controls, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Review daily reports and conduct branch audits; ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and audit requirements.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to minimize risk.
- Learn the process and functions of key support areas through a series of back-office departmental rotations; understand the responsibilities handled by the departments to support the branch network and Bank.
- Support key organizational strategies and initiatives through the completion of special projects and assignments.
- Develop a focused management/leadership style; coach and evaluate branch staff.
- Contribute to the enrichment of the branch culture by motivating team members and enhancing morale.
- Demonstrate ability to identify customer needs and recommend products and services, both personally and through the effective coaching of employees.
- Minimize and resolve customer complaints through employee coaching and training.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Perform all operational duties as required, during peak periods to maintain coverage, including teller line functions.
- Conduct staff meetings to discuss bank/branch objectives; establish priorities in order to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Make sound decisions regarding approval of customer and or bank transactions within authority limits weighing customer satisfaction issues versus Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Notarize legal documents for bank customers.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.
- 1-year prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Customer service and sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of banking products and services preferred.
- High level of initiative, discretion and judgment.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to maintain composure when interacting with customers and staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills preferred (Microsoft Office suite of products).
- Display willingness to adjust schedule to work at various branch and corporate office locations, for various lengths of time, including weekends and extended hours.
- Exhibit high integrity and dedication.
- Self-directed and displays a high level of personal motivation.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and achieve results through the coaching of others.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Stays current and complies with industry regulations.
- Licensed Notary Public for New York State preferred.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full-time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.