Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are leading the way in Healthcare Technology. This position is for a Billing Specialist within the Accounting Team, specifically the OptumInsight Accounting Operations & Analysis Team, which is the central department for Billing. You will interact with customers, operations, finance and accounting teams to gather supporting data to ensure contract booking and invoice accuracy and work through specific billing discrepancies.
- Interpret contracts to create billing and revenue rules within the PeopleSoft ERP (PS ERP)
- Review, analyze and validate billing data
- Generate and validate Invoices
- Work with Project Managers/Operations/Finance to ensure accuracy
- Work with Cash Applications/Accounting
- Research, track and resolve billing problems and discrepancies
- Effectively communicate with business users and customers
- This individual should have the ability to perform required tasks independently as well as contribute as needed in a team environment
- Work within the SLA’s for the department.
- Monitor internal & external mailboxes during hours required to be staffed by Billing Team
- Provide backup as needed to the Billing Coordinator
- Coordinate with multiple departments (ex. Accounting, Collections, IT)
- Identifies process improvements within existing billing platforms and processes
- Assist with the maintenance of billing procedures
- Document and maintain appropriate internal controls
- Drive for improvements in customer satisfaction by striving for zero billing errors
- Suggest process improvements to manager
- Update Manager on business specific process changes that would impact procedural documents and assistance in the maintenance thereof
- Assist with departmental administrative tasks such as new hire onboarding, supplies orders, and meeting space coordination
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1 or more years of progression experience in Billing, Finance or Accounting or equivalent education
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel and Word
- Based in Eden Prairie, MN
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with Finance or Accounting focus
- PeopleSoft experience
- Review and set up of Contracts within PS ERP
- Set up accounting/GL lines in PS ERP
- Review, analyze and validate billing data
- Generate and validate invoices
- Previous work with SharePoint
- Experience successfully managing multiple requests, assessing priorities and achieving solutions under deadlines
- Ability to prioritize daily and monthly workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
At UnitedHealth Group, we're transforming something as important as health care with the best people in the industry and we're doing it on a global scale. So let's get you started on making the most impact and doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: billing specialist, billing, accounting, finance, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota