The Billing Representative is responsible for reviewing and processing enrollment and billing documentation received from Internal and External Customers. In addition, the Billing Representative must reach a mutual resolution to all billing and enrollment issues prior to next billing cycle.
The Billing Representative Processes client payments on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and reconciles payments to the billed Accounts Receivable amounts in the automated system. The Billing Representative will create all necessary financial adjustments to the automated system to reflect accurate Accounts Receivable reporting. As needed, the Billing Representative will initiate collection activities to resolve External Customer past due balances.
In addition, the Billing Representative will be required to provide information for groups as requested. The Billing Representative also provides support to the Sales staff on a daily basis. The Billing Representative will also be asked to perform other duties or special projects on an as needed basis.
* Work is performed in a team setting with multiple priorities and tasks, often working under time constraints.
* Must possess mastery skills of the suite of Microsoft Applications.
* Identifies and inputs subscriber information into claim and billing system.
* Frequent contact with group administrators, agents and consultants requiring excellent customer service skills.
* Provides timely and accurate resolution of inquiries within 48 hours of receipt.
* Communicates actions taken professionally to the inquirer.
* Prepares accurate, professional, and understandable letters, faxes and telephone communication to external customers.
* Applies payments to Accounts Receivable records in the automated systems. Analyzes variances and reconcile accounts. Documents actions taken and communicates with the customer as needed.
* Strives to collect past due amounts from External customers utilizing collection letters and making outbound calls.
* Follows documented procedures for the Billing & Eligibility Department.
* Measurable quality tracking to meet KPI's and corrective action plans to address any errors.
* Works on special projects as required.
* Trains and assists team members as needed.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.