Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors - your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
We are looking for a Lead Big Data Engineer to join the OptumInsight Data & Analytics Solutions team. As a senior member in the Provider technology space, you will be responsible for designing and implementing best in class data products that powers actionable insights.
You will strategically and creatively think about how our products and teams should work and translate a vision to processes that impacts millions of lives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architect / design and deploy Big Data infrastructure and solutions
- Effectively lead and own delivery of work of the team while using your technical skills as a hands-on software architect
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Develop innovative approaches and leverage modern approaches and capabilities
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to plan and estimate solution development
- Identify opportunities for improvement, optimize performance and scalability of existing solutions
- Maintain appropriate documentation of Data, ETL, and Data Analytics architecture, as well as providing oversight
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions. Ability to solve complex production issues
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value
- Conduct code review to ensure delivery of high quality standards
- Evaluates quality processes and seeks opportunities to streamline
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark/Scala, Python, Map Reduce, Hive
- 3+ years of experience in RDBMS, SQL
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions hosted within key major cloud providers such as AWS
- Experience leading complex, technically challenging, cross-functional software-oriented projects from inception to delivery
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, specifically CloudFormation and Terraform
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Big Data Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Programmer, Computer Programming, Web Developer, Web Development, Application Developer, Application Development, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Washington, DC, District of Columbia