As a Content Writer on the CareerBuilder Global Communications team you will develop compelling, engaging multi-channel content to tell the story of how we Empower Employment.
This role will be critical in 2021 as CareerBuilder helps people take the next step in their career and supports employers who are working to build their teams with qualified talent.
- Work across teams to translate products, tools and HR into meaningful messages.
- Find the story in the numbers/technology/products.
- Identify the impact of our tools.
- Create informative and educational thought leadership content with a storytelling approach.
- Produce content that is balanced between ongoing campaigns and pitching your own ideas.
This role is great for somebody who can take the big picture - like an overarching campaign message - and tailor it to fit the needs of unique and segmented audiences.
We're looking for a storyteller who understands the value of great content for driving brand messages, product communications and overall marketing initiatives. You love to try new things while understanding the basic rules and best practices of content marketing. You are a grammar nerd, know how to adapt your writing style for the targeted audience, and you prioritize details, active writing and word choice. You are flexible and creative, you take initiative and keep projects moving, and you can manage your time well.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a B2B content creator and produce high-quality content for multiple channels, including blogs, newsletters, case studies and webinars to start, and developing new ideas along the way.
- Brainstorm and pitch original content ideas aligned with our messaging, content strategy, product roadmap and CareerBuilder mission.
- Publish a balanced variety of timely, relevant B2B messages to a multi-segmented audience of hiring managers, recruiters and employers.
- Collaborate across the entire company to understand CareerBuilder tools, share insights from leaders and find success stories.
- Work closely with B2B Marketing team to identify proof points for use in campaigns, hosted content, on social media and in external messages.
- Work almost-daily with social media and creative services team members to build cohesive B2B content.
- Stick to and participate in editorial calendar that encompasses B2B, B2C and Brand messaging.
- Meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects and planning for beyond what's due next week.
- 2-5 years of content writing (or similar experience as a reporter, journalist, copywriter, product marketer, etc).
- AP Style
- Samples of previous work or a portfolio. This can be anything from your own professional Instagram account to an entire website or a Google Drive link - we want to get an understanding of your writing style, background and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in marketing.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, as well as vendors and third parties.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities with ease and composure, while continuing to meet established deadlines.
- Experience with Google Analytics to track performance against goals, adapt and refine strategy, and enhance overall content.
- Demonstrable experience with and knowledge of SEO to fully optimize content.
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Bonus points if you have:
- Marketing, communications, English or journalism certifications, completed courses or a college degree. If you have any programs or credentials that are relevant, feel free to include.
- Experience with Trello or other project management platforms.
- Experience with Uberflip or another CMS.
- Video experience - content for YouTube, Instagram Stories, Vimeo.