Job Title: Avionics/Electrical Technician
Location: Long Beach, CA 90808
Duration: 12 Months
- Must not be afraid of heights and able to work in confined spaces / fuel tanks Military 'O' level avionic aircraft experience a plus.
- Provides technical expertise in testing aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
- Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality.
- May fill in for the Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician thus ensuring that the company goals of safety and quality are enforced at all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required. to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
- Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.