The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for performing the repair and maintenance of automobile and truck vehicles for which they are fully trained. Completes routine scheduled maintenance services on automobiles and trucks as directed by manager or service consultant.
- In an efficient and productive manner, performs automotive repairs, adjustments and maintenance procedures as outlined on repair order for which Technician is trained. Responsible for all types and levels of repairs, adjustments and maintenance work accepted in the Center (including but not limited to light engine repair, electrical diagnoses and repair, light automatic transmission work). Works with, and trains lower level Technicians.
- Drives vehicles into service bay, prepares them for and completes inspections.
- Test drives vehicles and prepares vehicle for delivery to customer.
- Maintains cleanliness of shop and work areas, performs other duties as necessary.
- ASE certification L1-Advanced Engine Performance Specialist is preferred
- State inspection certificate
Work Environment:May experience loud noises and odors intermittently in the shop environment
Must have own tools appropriate for skill level for use in the Center
- High School diploma, GED or Technical school graduate/certification
- Must possess 8 ASE Certifications with Master Technician (A1 – A8) designation or the equivalent combination of Technician certifications and ASE certifications. (ASE certification A9-Light Vehicle Diesel Engines is acceptable alternative to A2/A3 certifications.)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 5 to 10 years of experience repairing autos and/or trucks at dealership or an automotive center
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of automotive and/or truck systems, tools and technical resources and training to independently perform a variety of basic to complex repairs and maintenance of automobile and truck vehicles
- Understand and consistently demonstrate the proper use of equipment and tools used in such repair and maintenance and the need to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
- Ability to consistently provide exceptional customer service and improve customer service score
- Ability to prioritize and deliver work on time
- Have the ability to mentor and train lower level Technicians to develop these Technicians and help them be successful
- A highly competitive pay plan with a great benefits package and paid holidays
- Sundays off
- A great working environment with air conditioned shops
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.