RSM is looking for a dynamic Supervisor to join our Assurance team in our Houston, TX Office. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local Audit practice. Our clients include local, national and internationally recognized manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers with diverse organizational structures operating in a variety of sectors, including apparel & home furnishings, retail, food & beverage, health & beauty, recreation & fitness, household products, broadcasting, publishing, printing and oil and gas to name just a few.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating audits of complex financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the client's business and needs.
- Understand and utilize RSM’s audit methodology
- Lead the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Collaborate with the engagement manager/senior manager on engagement approach and execute on the plan using a risk-based approach
- Recognize industry-specific and general accounting and auditing issues, including revenue recognition, inventory pricing and LCM, receivable discounts, allowances, incentives and bad debts, current and deferred tax provisions, etc. Determine appropriate audit approach for such areas
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements and prepare other client deliverables such as board communications, deficiency letters, management letters, etc.
- Supervise associates and seniors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge, monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan and budget
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from client to audit team and vice versa is efficient
- Identify and communicate significant accounting and auditing matters to manager/senior manager and partner on engagement
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for team members
- Understand client and industry issues, and recognize opportunities for RSM to assist the client in increasing level and types of services
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Keep abreast of industry developments by reading trade publications and other relevant thought leadership
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification preferred
- 4+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with financial statement audits
- Minimum of 2 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- Previous experience auditing consumer products companies
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Experience with acquisitions, including purchase accounting, goodwill, intangible assets, impairment issues, valuations and related assumptions, stock-based compensation and equity
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagement
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.