RSM is looking for a motivated Audit Supervisor to join our National Real Estate Practice within our New York and New Jersey offices. Our National Real Estate Practice serves public and private clients including real estate private equity funds, advisors, institutional investors and joint ventures, hotel and hospitality, developers, and owners/operators of commercial, retail and multifamily real estate. Our National Real Estate Practice provides for strong opportunities to work on projects within the New York and New Jersey offices as well as offices throughout the Firm. Being a part of the National Real Estate Practice will allow you to obtain exposure to the various lines of business within the industry including but not limited to tax compliance, valuation, and lease consulting and related services.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Collaborate with the Engagement Manager on approach and execution of the audit plan to mitigate risk
- Understand and utilize RSM’s Audit Methodology
- Develop an understanding of the client's business, and become a real estate industry specialist to understand client specific needs
- Understand skillsets and capabilities of Associates and Seniors on projects
- Lead the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Train and supervise Audit Associates and Seniors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Develop and communicate work plan schedules on each project to Engagement Manager and engagement personnel
- Review work product of Associates and Seniors and articulate coaching notes throughout the process
- Develop and maintain open items lists and tracking of project status
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements, and prepare other related client deliverables such as management letters and end-of-audit governance communications
- Interact with clients in a way they would understand to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to Managers and Partners
- Keep abreast of developments in the industry by reading trade publications and other relevant periodicals
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Recognize and inform management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 4+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with financial statement audits
- Minimum of 2 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Experience auditing real estate or related organizations
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagement
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.