Position: IT Audit Manager
Location: Winston-Salem, NC (near Wake Forest University)
This position is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews. Also, provide advice on internal control to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal company policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the SOX and year-end financial audit with the external auditor and with MAR and financial examinations with the insurance department examiners.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the company.
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits.
- Supervises, evaluates performance and recommends salary changes for personnel. Responsible for interviewing and selecting new personnel within reporting area. Assist with other staffing decisions and provide training and development to personnel within reporting area.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or finance
- Seven plus years of accounting/auditing or relevant experience and prior supervisory experience
- Effective leadership skills to include problem solving skills
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including executive management.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
- Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley regulation (SOX)
- Excellent knowledge of related accounting/auditing principles and transactions based on assigned responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems
- Excellent understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with the IIA standards
- Thorough knowledge Risk Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and VISIO)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Working knowledge of strategic planning and reporting principles and best practices
- Anticipate future consequences and apply them to work
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP)
- Analyze and synthesize complex information to form options and recommendations; utilize effective research and investigative techniques
- Provide vision and think creatively and innovatively
- Motivational and inspirational approach to team leading and engagement