We are looking for an Associate Technical Support Engineer to join our Support team. This role consists of supporting internal and external clients via CRM through phone and email communication. These agents are responsible for troubleshooting software and integration issues as an individual and collaborating with various levels of Support and Development to provide quality, timely customer service and deliver resolutions as a single point of contact for all clients.
- Perform basic technical troubleshooting within the proprietary software to identify root-cause through researching, testing, and replicating issues reported with a focus on the tactical and strategic impact to the customer.
- Tracks customer interactions 100% to keep accurate records of impact for future growth of team.
- Collaborate with other team members and Tier 2 on resolutions as necessary.
- Effectively prioritize and escalate tickets with detail and supporting documentation, ensuring that service level agreements are met.
- Clearly communicate updates on case or resolution in non-technical language directly with customers in writing or via phone.
- Identify opportunities to educate customers on how to better use the system tools and increase utilization.
- Improve Self-Service offerings by authoring and reviewing Knowledge Base articles and other training content
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 year of experience in software application support or service organization.
- Action oriented
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Technical aptitude
- Entry Level customer handling skills
- Ability to adapt to frequent change
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar CRM system preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - both phone and email
- Have a positive attitude and able to deal with all types of feedback
- Be motivated, outgoing and not afraid to pick up the phone
- Able to build lasting relationships with internal and external clients
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail - quality management to deliver high-quality results to our clients
- Able to learn quickly and adjust to changes smoothly
- Requires the ability to adhere to a structured work schedule with rotating shifts and efficiently self-manage work time.
*CareerBuilder employees are currently remote. We do have offices based in Chicago and Atlanta. When it is safe to return to the office, you will have the ability to continue to be remote or utilize the Chicago or Atlanta offices as determined by your manager.