At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Software Engineer you will be tasked with developing and maintaining windows, web and web services-based business software applications, systems, components and database objects using Microsoft .NET technologies based on requirements and specifications to support LHI's business operations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop software programs and components using VB.net, C#, Angular, TypeScript, Web API, T-SQL and other software development tools and technologies per assigned tasks
- Debug, test, and troubleshoot written software programs and components
- Study training materials on .NET, Angular development, programming standards, application architecture, business processes, and functional areas of LHI's business applications
- Adapt to new programming languages, methodologies, platforms and frameworks to support the needs of LHI’s software projects
- Adhere to Agile software development methodology
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Working knowledge of one to two software programming / scripting languages
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and SQL queries
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Advanced understanding of relational database concepts and of n-tier application architecture
- Experience with Front-end web frameworks
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Engineering / Math / MIS
- Software development experience using .NET framework and VB.net/C#
- Software development experience using T-SQL, LINQ
- Software development experience using Angular framework, jQuery, TypeScript, Node.js, ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with TFS, Git or similar source control tools
- Relevant Technical certifications
- Agile Scrum certification
- Shows an interest in learning more advanced aspects of the functional skills
- Looks for opportunities to collaborate and start to build networks and relationships before they are needed
- Demonstrates confidence that tasks will be completed and deliverables will be provided in the midst of competing demands and pressure-filled situations
- Shows a willingness to take on challenges to increase capabilities and make a larger contribution
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: software programs and components, VB.net, C#, Angular, TypeScript, Web API, T-SQL, .NET, Angular development, programming standards, application architecture, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home