Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical and service goals.
- Provide exceptional service to all customers
- Responsible to greet patient and check patient in and out. Ensure demographics including insurance information are correct in IDX and update as necessary per Standard Work
- Collect appropriate copays and adhere to all cash handling policies
- Schedule appointments as necessary, verifying correct visit type and Primary Care Provider empanelment
- Responsible for waiting room management - cleanliness, communicate pertinent information to patients and ensure all patients have been assisted
- Work with back office staff to ensure smooth patient flow
- Resolve service issues and complaints, and defer to appropriate management or clinical personnel when necessary
- Assist co-workers and team members with duties when requested, to include but not limited to, floating to other areas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR certified or able to attain certification within 30 days of employment
- 1+ years of experience in a health care setting
- Understand of insurance programs and basic managed care principals such as referrals and prior authorization
- General understanding of the patient-visit from beginning to end
- Understanding of what customer service is and how to maintain it in the clinic setting
- Knowledge of CPT / ICD-10 coding
- Possess computer skills
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ years of experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) or Practice Management Software systems
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Good communication skills, excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, SMA, Southwest Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada