Assistant Vice President - Data Modeling & Analytics Manager – New York, NY
Apple Bank’s Enterprise Data Management & Business Intelligence team is in the exciting process of integrating new data sources into a data warehouse, as well as planning a completely new enterprise data warehouse implementation to coincide with a core system conversion. We are seeking an experienced Data Modeling & Analytics professional to play a key role in the development of our new EDW, as well as substantially enabling business intelligence.
The individual in this position will initially focus on data architecture by studying core and non-core data sources, their structures, and the Bank’s business intelligence needs. The individual will develop data architectures that fit best, creating logical and physical data models, This will involve additional collaborations with tech infrastructure colleagues, DBAs, project management, vendors, and analysts embedded in our businesses.
The position offers room for growth, taking on more responsibilities as appetite and demonstrable skills allow, including but not limited to wider third-party and public data sourcing, master and reference data, and DataOps leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine schemas and source structures of target-state core data.
- Perform data profiling/analysis activities that help establish, modify, and maintain a data model.
- Determine degree and specific ways that data should be transformed after ingestion.
- Base transformation decisions on (well-articulated and documented) reporting needs and use cases
- Study non-core data sources to be integrated.
- Design for schema on write.
- Design and build logical data models (relational and dimensional).
- Convert logical models to physical data models for databases in use and provide DDLs to implementation teams.
- Partition data models into landing, integration, data mart and reporting layers.
- Support review, signoff, and adoption of data models in collaboration with business, architecture, and delivery teams.
Skills, Education and Experience
- 7-8 years of overall experience, including several years of data architecture and modeling experience at the conceptual/subject area, logical, and physical levels.
- Display ease and speed in identifying key business entities and probing, visualizing their relationships.
- Deep banking domain expertise.
- Business analyst experience
- Fluency with ERD tool/s (erwin, ER/Studio, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS SSMS, SSIS, Visual Studio/BIDS.
- Preferred: experience with FIS Business Intelligence Center (BIC).
- Some ETL development experience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal + written).
- Excellence in asking questions and probing the business purposefully
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.