Assistant Treasurer, Strategy & Planning Analyst - New York, NY
This position reports to the Head of Strategy and Planning, Risk Management. The Strategy and Planning function is the dedicated team that supports the Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”) to meet all high-priority cross-department needs and objectives. This team reports directly into the CRO and serves in both business-as-usual and forward-looking capacities to address operational and strategic challenges. This team also has day-to-day chief-of-staff responsibilities.
The AT, Strategy & Planning Analyst will support the Head of Strategy & Planning of Risk Management in order to lead/execute the following key activities: monthly management and Board committee governance processes, quarterly Risk Management town halls, coordinating preparations and responses to regulatory exams/reviews and internal audits, and enforcing a disciplined approach to policy and procedure reviews bank wide. The successful candidate will also assist in other work efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead monthly management and Board committee governance process by establishing strict schedules, collecting materials for meetings, performing high-level reviews on received materials, and following up on open action items.
- Liaise with department leadership, as well as other Bank personnel, when needed.
- Provide credible challenge when received materials are not of the quality expected.
- Drive end-to-end completion of quarterly department town halls, including but not limited to, setting agendas, soliciting guest speakers, reviewing program content with CRO, and coordination of scheduling.
- Coordinate efforts needed for regulatory exams/reviews and internal audits, by assisting with preparation for initial kick-off presentation, tracking received requests, monitoring timely responses, and coordinating meetings when follow-up questions are required.
- Serve as policies and procedures administrator, bank wide, by incorporating a disciplined approach to management and Board level reviews.
- Coordinate annual planning and budgeting process for department.
- Monitor progress of different departmental work plans and/or open findings, as well as budget.
- Prepare executive level presentations and/or revise them as needed.
- Assist with preparations for leadership offsite meetings.
- Perform internal reviews of remediation documentation Risk Management personnel plan to submit to Internal Audit (“IA”) for validation.
- Perform minute-taking as requested, as well as other ad hoc requests that arise
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably within the finance industry;
- At least intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access, SharePoint, etc.).
- Proven ability to produce accurate work product; impeccable attention to details.
- Judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to provide critical feedback to business areas in a thoughtful and productive manner.
- Interest in developing Project Management skills, driving tasks/projects to completion autonomously while being able to manage several projects at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to interact with all levels of the Bank.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with the other team members, and provide assistance with various projects upon request.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Team player in an evolving work environment, incorporating a positive attitude and flexible approach.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.