This managing level position is for an IT leader that is responsible for the development, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of performance metrics (e.g., data quality, customer metrics, and financials). The role oversees the delivery of analytics to evaluate and ensure efficient, cost effective operational solutions which support systems processes and functional requirements, as well as the resolution of problems in technology and business solutions.
This position will provide senior leadership with information on trends and legislative changes in healthcare technology and information systems. This position will consult with various departments and IT management to ensure security (physical, infrastructure, network, application) controls are in place, and to influence and establish cross-functional and/or cross-divisional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
- Directs the operation of multiple units and/or departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; and ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations drive business objectives and results.
- Forecasts business' future technical and operational information needs by applying data driven analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making with a focus on revenue growth and service expansion opportunities
- Partners with Executive Leadership to develop and define the technology strategy.
- Establishes strong working relationships with leaders throughout the organization to facilitate positive collaboration and efficiency.
- Aligns strategic plans with business unit and Optum's national and regional strategies.
- Directs the analysis of complex information systems needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Oversees the implementation of cross-initiative technology or business process integration plans.
- Provides leadership by functioning as the key liaison and/or escalation point for business system, data, and/or process initiatives.
- Collaborates in regional systems and business process activities.
- Provides leadership in the development of cross-organizational relationships in support of the department's objectives to address business and/or technology issues.
- Consults on the integration of application systems regarding their operational and training implications.
- Provides strategic direction and serves as a liaison to ensure technology or process owners have access to the required information and training for effective system or process operations.
- Negotiates agreements on deliverable due dates, requirements, and resources with leadership.
- Develops, prepares, and utilizes reports to track operational performance across the full system lifecycle within and across business functions or areas.
- Oversees the development and implementation of effective resource (for example, associates, vendors, infrastructure) capacity planning, demand management, and workforce planning.
- Develops, tracks, and oversees annual IT staffing, purchasing and operations, and capital budgets.
- Reviews and leverages summary performance metrics and outcomes to drive ongoing operational changes and improvements.
- Oversees the delivery of analytics to evaluate and ensure efficient, cost effective operational solutions which support systems processes and functional requirements.
- Oversees and/or ensures departmental support in the development, implementation, and the maintenance of a comprehensive and integrated data quality improvement and training program.
- Oversees the resolution of problems in technology and business solutions.
- Provides senior leadership with local and national trends as well as legislative changes in healthcare technology and information systems.
- Oversees technologies, systems solution design, data, and metrics to ensure alignment with the organization's vision, goals and objectives.
- Ensures alignment, coordination and appropriate representation with other regional or national initiatives.
- Oversees the preparation of source documents and technical/business manuals and enforces the use of established and documented IT processes, tools, and best practices.
- Consults with departments and IT managers to ensure general security-physical, infrastructure, network, application controls are in place.
- Provides consultation and serves as a liaison to departments and IT managers to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery-procedures and infrastructure procedures are in place.
- Partners with departments and IT managers to influence and establish cross-functional and/or cross divisional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
- Ensures departments maintain a knowledge repository of current technology and business processes.
- Reviews and summarizes research on topics related to technology and business initiatives for leadership and other key stakeholders.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, CIS, Mathematics, or related field and minimum twelve (12) years of experience in business operations, IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- 5+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of managing operating or capital budgets
- High degree of client focus and attention to service
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, CIS, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience working for a health care organization
- 5+ years of experience working for an IT organization
- 4+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- 3+ years of experience overseeing projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong presentation, employee management, project implementation skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CIO, CTO, healthcare, capital budgets, PMP, PMO, Optum, CA, California, El Segundo