The International Air Freight Export Operations Management Specialist organizes the export process for freight shipments departing United States gateways with international destinations. He/She coordinates inbound and outbound cargo planning. This position prepares freight consolidations to achieve cost-effective and timely freight movements. He/She generates reports and updates the transportation system (i.e., E2K) with shipment delay codes to maintain internal and external visibility of freight status. He/She provides export customer service and maintains communication with carrier airlines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates inbound cargo planning
- Conducts outbound cargo planning
- Prepares export consolidations
- Provides export customer service and maintains communication with airlines
- Generate reports and analyze performance
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail orientated
- Plans and completes work with thoroughness, giving attention to specific information, and individual details, conditions, necessary record keeping, and elements of that work conditions, necessary record keeping, and elements of that work.
- Demonstrate understanding of proper processes procedures and use of technology for intermodal transportation.
- Freight Forwarding Operations knowledge.
- Applies knowledge of freight forwarding operations processes, procedures, and technology to ensure the efficient movement of shipments through intermodal transportation to ensure the efficient movement of shipments through intermodal transportation.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law