Summary of the Job:
CareerBuilder is seeking an Administrative Assistant (AA) to directly support our Executive team. We are looking for a strong, extremely organized EA that can multi-task and be able to handle high-pressure situations with poise and professionalism. This candidate must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. Additionally, this candidate must anticipate the needs of the executive and proactively take initiative to independently solve problems.
- The Administrative Assistant (AA) will provide top-level administrative support for CareerBuilder's Leadership team. The AA is well organized, dignified, and comfortable interacting with Executives.
- Effectively manages multiple calendars and performs a variety of complex and routine administrative duties with little or no supervision. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a varied workload.
- Maintain communication with the Executive throughout the day, as needed via text or email to ensure they keep to their schedule and are made aware of schedule changes.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
- Draft presentations for executive review.
- Must be technically proficient in preparing expense reports using Concur.
- Plan and organize company events to take place inside or outside of the workplace.
- Proactively manages all logistics and agendas for meetings. Assists with meeting preparation and follow-up, including maintaining agendas, creating pre-meeting packets, taking notes if needed, distributing and checking on follow-up items.
- Support sales initiatives such as running reports, data gathering, and client support as assigned.
- Assist with various sales and non-sales administrative tasks and projects
- Event planning (both meetings and social events)
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- The Administrative Assistant will represent CareerBuilder Leadership and liaise with other internal and external constituents on their behalves
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information and be viewed as a trustworthy, friendly, and helpful
- Must have demonstrated experience creating presentations
- Complete special projects and assignments by prioritizing, managing the timeline for deliverables, and working with others to garner support
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize well and handle a number of potentially conflicting priorities; must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience managing multiple calendars with little guidance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - both phone and email
Bachelor Degree preferred
Minimum Years of Experience:
Minimum 4 years stable work history successfully supporting Executive levels
- Frequent phone and computer use
- Creating written communications
- Able to sit/stand at a desk
- Able to bend, sit, stand, lift boxes or equipment (between 0-15 lbs)
- Able to travel domestically