To provide architectural service to the respective Business Unit by managing the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of architectural construction documents for use by Divisional, Regional, and Group personnel as well as Corporate Product Development (CPD). To manage process and timelines for new product development and plan maintenance for both legacy and portfolio plans. To be the liaison between CPD/outside consultants and all affected parties within the respective Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply the Company's vision, pledges, and guiding principles to all facets of responsibilities in an effort to improve our Company.
- Assist in the management and validation of construction documents for compliance to Company product design standards and regulatory requirements, and the methods by which they are created in production.
- Assist in the management of Architectural/Engineering/MEP/Floor Joist/Roof Truss/Cabinet consultants and/or in-house staff in the development of construction documents and shop drawings.
- Assist in the tracking and coordination of construction drawing and architectural tasks per the deadlines set in the Communities in Planning Timeline and/or other Divisional staff deadlines.
- Communicate the Business Unit need for any modifications or additions to Corporate Design Standards when applicable.
- Negotiate and approve all proposals/invoices for outside consultants.
- Divisional Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate plan changes to all affected departments (Construction, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing).
- To schedule and conduct design verification, prototype, and frame walks at the job site for new product and models.
- Review the Marketing brochures, renderings, and website collateral for accuracy before release to Division for use.
- Assist in the creation and communication of budgets for architecture/engineering and permitting costs per project.
- Lead the resolution of construction code and other technical issues through written and/or verbal communication with community associates or regulatory officials - with assistance if needed by Architectural Production Manager or Senior Architect.
- Completion of all other job-related tasks assigned by the Architectural Project Manager.
- Follow established Company safety procedures.
- Participate in Corporate initiatives either directly on a team or indirectly through suggestions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a bachelor's in Architecture (4-year or 5-year degree), Building Construction, Engineering (or similar) or at least three to five years of relevant experience, preferably in production housing design.