Accounting Specialist needed 4 days a week - flexible schedule for non-profit in Mercer County, New Jersey
- Prepare A/P items, ensure accurate entry into accounting software (QuickBooks), review edit reports, process payments and maintain cash flow projections.
- Maintain vendor relationships, A/P records and files, ensure timely payment to all vendors, follow-up on outstanding checks.
- Obtain vendor W-9s as required, prepare and issue 1099s and 1096.
- Process grants from checks.
- Deposit cash receipts in correct bank accounts.
- Review/ edit reports and post cash receipts when needed.
- Redeem securities when received and deposit into Investment Pool
- Ensure accurate entry into accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Analyze account analysis and make required adjustments.
- Prepare and enter monthly and other miscellaneous journal entries.
- Prepare work papers for the annual audit and tax filings.
- Review fund statements.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare Treasurer's Report.
- Assist with budget preparations.
- Prepare asset allocation spreadsheet for Investment Committee
- Assist Investment Committee re-allocation of investments
- Attend Investment Committee Meetings
- Assist with investment performance reporting
- Payroll and staff expense tracking
- Respond to fund holder audit confirmation requests.
- Assist ED with tasks including management of Foundation Committees, scheduling and attending meetings and other administrative duties as assigned
- Assist staff with Foundation database and prepare reports as needed.
- Performance of other accounting, financial, and administrative tasks as needed including working on donor database
- Timely processing of gifts including acknowledgements prepared and sent.
- Data Analysis
- Minute taking at meetings, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred
- Previous accounting experience a must
- Experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with database applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with no tolerance for financial sloppiness
- Time management and attention to detail
- Computer skills including highly skilled in MS Excel as well as MS Word and Quickbooks
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to perform duties with high standards for excellence