The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops reserves for current and/or new property/casualty insurance coverage and products by applying
various actuarial techniques and procedures. Analyzes and prepares summary reports, reconciles data, formulates and interprets reserve models using available tools, analyzes data, develops material and prepares appropriate communication.
Works with Information Technology in gathering and verifying data, and for special projects. Manipulates data for actuarial review using standard software packages. Applies actuarial methods and principles to obtain indications, complete projects, analyze results and make recommendations. Determines relevant factors and researches suitable trend indications for analysis. Prepares reports, proposals, system documents, narrative support and documentation files. Provides support to projects as required.
Preferred Qualifications:Experience: Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of and or practical experience with:
- calculating reserves for new or existing products
- insurance industry terminology and concepts
- personal lines P&C
- insurance and/or reinsurance accounting or financial analysis
Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Statistics or a related field.
Successful completion of three or more actuarial examinations and a minimum of two or more years of experience in an actuarial environment.
Maintain eligibility in the Actuarial Professional Development Program following company guidelines.Experience:
- using macros and other advanced spreadsheet applications (i.e. EXCEL) as well as other software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- performing research and statistical analyses to complete assignments
- analyzing technical studies and data, and drawing sound conclusions
- statistical software tools and/or statistical modeling concepts to develop recommendations and draw conclusions
Demonstrated skills in:
- preparation/presentation of material
- managing workflow to achieve multiple goals
- working individually and as part of a team
- communicating effectively with others in a work environment.
- oral presentations to business units
- representing the department on inter-department teams
- applying actuarial methods and principles to develop reserve projections, complete projects, analyze results and make recommendations.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.