Our client has an immediate need for an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The AR Specialist will record revenue and apply revenue recognition rules and accounting entries. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will manage the revenue cycle from sales to collection of the cash, including reporting omissions and aging reports to management. The AR Specialist will maintain accounts receivable records, etc.
- Review and analyze daily sales report
- Ensure that terminal revenue is recognized in compliance with GAAP and applicable company polices
- Prepare and process journal entries and supporting analyses
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from system, etc.
- Maintain and balance company revenue by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies on a monthly basis.
- Post payments to appropriate general ledger accounts and verify details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, bad checks
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliation
- Review third parties income
- Prepare and maintain Balance Sheet Reconciliation (Cash Drawer, Bank, AR, AR Account, Credit Cards, Company Accounts, etc.)
- Proactively identify and resolve issues or reconciling items related to assigned accounts
- Reconcile agency commission payment
- Request agency commission payment to AP department
- Develop a relationship with and communicate effectively with the managers
- Participate in the month-end revenue close process
- Communicate with managers to ensure all cash is received and report omissions
- Prepare and distribute reports to help manage the collection of the sales
- 2 years of job related experience required
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
- General proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience required