Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for a specific assignment of outstanding A/R that requires resolution of the outstanding balance according to the A/R Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for achieving KPI’s / Metrics set by Management
- Investigates / resolves denied and short paid transactions in a timely and effective manner
- Manages work queue to insure all accounts are worked, timely and appropriately in monthly cycle
- Follows the department Policy and Procedures set by Management
- Identifies key challenges driving AR, escalates to Management for resolution at a global level
- Provides training and mentorship to new hires and AR Representatives on an on-going basis
- Ability to analyze AR work queue, provide recommendations for resolution and identify billing and payment trends
- Ability to maneuver through various billing systems and understand work flow
- Communicates with Business Partners, providing excellent customer service in order to reconcile outstanding account balances using approved collection techniques
- Works to resolve account balances of an assigned portfolio of accounts
- Required actions taken may include (but not limited to) write-offs, appeals, transfers, review of EOBs and other carrier correspondence, litigation and self pay referrals
- Works with internal departments and Business Partners in identifying carrier trends to escalate for resolution. This may include missing bill files, incorrect bill form types, missing documentation, etc)
- Works with Collections Manager / Supervisor of other member of the Management Team on special projects as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Accounts Receivable, billing and collections experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel (ability sort, filter, pivot tables)
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Accounting
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UHG- Tampa, FL- Claims, AR Clerk, Accounts Receivable, Collections, Health Insurance, #RPO