The Accounts Payable Specialist processes all the components of weekly accounts payable runs, including processing of PO's and general accounting functions, and provides accounting assistance for other functions of the department.
- QuickBooks accounting software experience preferred.
- Skilled and experienced in general ledger, spreadsheet (Excel preferred) and word processing programs.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office 365 programs.
- BS degree in Accounting or Business preferable, and intermediate-level accounting/ bookkeeping skills, along with college level accounting/business courses is preferred
- Ability to accurately maintain all accounting files.
- Requires prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines, good decision making, and organization skills.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure a positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the agency.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach with others.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the department and its customers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Processes purchase orders and maintain accurate records of receipt of goods and services.
- Primary Accounts Payable contact for vendors, management and executives, and maintains accurate vendor records in the accounting system.
- Prepares and mails signed checks
- Reviews for correctness and processes check requests and invoices.
- Processes wires and ACH transfers when needed.
- Pays monthly credit card balances and prepares reconciliations.
- Maintains vendor information in the accounting system.
- Provides monthly accounts payable reports and other information needed for analysis of company and program expenses.
- Maintains and runs employee expense programs in Concur.
- Possesses an intermediate level of analytical financial skills.
- Has knowledge of financial closes and understands Accounting functions.