Job Title: Accountant
Location: San Ramon CA
Client is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
This position is in the ACM Taxbot Team in the Excise Tax Department. The group is responsible for excise tax audit, advice, tax planning, internal controls, and related technical support functions of our automated sales & use tax compliance system for all US Operations.
The ACM Taxbot team is responsible for monitoring and maintaining Excise Tax's Taxbot system which utilizes Taxware and SAP. The team works closely with Accounts Payable, IT, internal and external procurement customers, and provides the necessary tax and system advice. The team is also involved in replacing the automated system with Thomson Reuters Onesource as a part of the Global Tax Engine project.
- Work as a team member in responding to and correcting a high volume of inquiries and tax system fallouts from Accounts Payable and eProcurement (Ariba), meeting daily deadlines.
- Analyzes and resolves transactional issues relating to U.S. sales & use tax in all aspects of the procurement and payables processes in SAP and ARIBA.
- Maintains master data in tax owned custom SAP tables.
- Advises eProcurement, Accounts Payable invoice processors (field offices and Manila Shared Services Center), Purchase Order/Service Order/WBS project creators and invoice approvers on invoice coding and the functionality of Taxbot.
- Works closely with Finance, Procurement, and Operations Management in resolving issues and analyzing specific business cases in terms of their application in Taxbot.
- Maintains a general knowledge of sales and use tax and its application for all states.
- Provides input regarding areas of Client's business activities that require review to ensure proper application of tax.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and the ability to recognize potential problems.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 1-2 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
- Transaction tax experience
- Accounts Payable experience
- Experience with Ariba or similar eProcurement system
In Person interview with manager