Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Supporting the Assistant Controller in ownership of the following areas:
- Regional reporting and financial statements
- Regional consolidation process
- Regional PPD/RAF/Deletes
- Regional summary schedules
- Regional controls (creating a framework and building this out in a meaningful way)
- Regional technical accounting and guidance
- Regional monitoring via check-ins, monthly checklists, variance analysis and other analytics
- Regional regulatory reporting
Accounting Supervisor will also be responsible for:
- Supporting initiative for standardization and policy alignment across Region over time
- Supporting the process for timely contract review and analysis
- Supporting joint venture reporting and consolidation, including NCI and management fees
- Supporting regional elimination processes and oversight
- Supporting Clinic Expense Reclass processes and oversight
- Liaising with OptumCare and Care Delivery Finance, as needed
- Establishing the proper relationship and partnership with the regional finance team for monthly deliverables and budget related needs
- Collaborating with other functional areas within OptumCare: Care Delivery FP&A, HealthCare Economics, Actuarial/Reserving, Financial Data Management, General Operations
- Collaborating with other functional areas within the broader UHG organization (e.g. Legal, Corporate Accounting, Accounting Policy, Capital Planning, Regulatory Reporting, Regulatory FP&A), as necessary
- Providing operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, and various applicable rules and regulations
- Supporting the monthly close process, including pre-close reporting
- Supporting the Company's strategic and operational planning initiatives, as applicable
- Acting as the Assistant Controller’s right-hand teammate, including special project ownership and ad hoc requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in the field of Accounting (preferred) or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in accounting
- Solid technical knowledge of GAAP; ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and management to drive sound business decisions
- Demonstrates proficiency in practical application of internal control skills
- Experience in the financial close process and general understanding of underlying complexities
- Demonstrated success partnering with and influencing multiple teams
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to effectively summarize and articulate financial results
- Excellent PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other financial reporting tools required
- CPA / CMA or other equivalent licensure or certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $71,400 to 127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accounting Supervisor, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Denver, CO, Colorado