Position: Accounting Manager Entry Level
Location: St. Paul, MN
Avenica is currently recruiting for an Entry-Level Accounting Manager position. The Accounting Manager is responsible for executing accounting tasks and strategies and performing day-to-day financial activities. This is a great entry level position for a recent college graduate with a major in accounting or finance. Great opportunities for professional growth and development. No experience required.
Responsibilities for Accounting Manager:
• Prepare journal entries.
• Post cash receipts and issue, sign, and return checks.
• Answer billing agent questions.
• Prepare invoices, code and enter into database.
• Conduct analytical review of accounts prior to closing books.
• Close books and run month-end reports.
• Conduct bank reconciliations.
• Prepare year-end closing entries.
• Compile information for audits.
• Help manage a variety of other projects, as assigned.
Qualifications/characteristics of a successful candidate:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related program.
• 0-3 years of professional experience. This is an entry level position.
• Knowledge of Accounting principles and ability to analyze information and data.
• Strong attention to detail, organization and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
Avenica is the leading U.S. recruiting firm exclusively focused on placing recent college graduates into entry-level career-track positions. Using a proprietary interview process that identifies skills beyond the resume and provides career coaching, Avenica opens new possibilities for candidates. Avenica partners with companies to refine job profiles and streamline the hiring process. A personalized matching process leads to the right fit for both candidates and clients, which results in better outcomes—very high candidate conversion and retention rates—at a lower cost. Avenica serves a national client base, and places thousands of recent graduates each year from seven offices throughout the United States.
Avenica considers the entire candidate – not just specific college degree or work experience – while trying to find a perfect career match. If we believe we can be a valuable resource to you in your job search, we will help you identify your transferable skills, discuss potential career options, and coach you on your resume and interview skills. All of our services are free of charge to job seekers.
Avenica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. Avenica does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance.