UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is a key member of the Provider Analysis Team. The successful candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be agile enough to juggle multiple and competing priorities, and still meet deadlines.
The Accounting Consultant must have a high level of attention to detail. This person must be a problem solver who can research, analyze, and articulate findings, and proposed solutions. Presentation and professional writing skills are also necessary for success in this role as communication is with all levels of the organization.
- Heavy involvement in the monthly/quarterly close process
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities to ensure accurate GL reporting
- Prepare moderately complex journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Review financial statements to determine compliance with provider key solvency indicators
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a liaison for Network Management and all facets of Finance
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Review provider incentive program results
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and proposing solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 5+ years accounting experience including month end closing, preparation of financial statements, financial and variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate to advanced use of Excel
- Experience with Hyperion SmartView, PeopleSoft Financials, and Oracle
- Proven time management
- Be organized and nimble enough to work multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Healthcare experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: accounting, projects, month end close, journal entries, excel, cypress, California, CA, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN