BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Accounting Clerk for an opportunity in Phoenix, AZ 85007.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85007
Expected Duration: 6 months contract
Shift: 8 am to 5 pm
The first couple of weeks, the position will be in-person for training. After that, the position will be about 90% remote, and equipment will be provided. The 10% in-person would be for training assignments mostly. It would not be weekly, but the employee might need to go into the office once every two weeks for a couple of hours. That is also dependent on how fast they pick up on those duties. If they can hit the ground running, they would be doing the position 100% remotely.
* Accounting clerk experience
* Familiar with working with accounting systems
* Data Entry experience
* No College degree required.
* Able to work independently.
The position is responsible for documenting, reconciling, summarizing, and completing fiscal transactions associated with matching fund deposits.
This position tracks refund checks and coordinates mailing processes to issue timely refund payments to vendors:
* Review's travel claims to monitor appropriate use of function codes in accordance with benefiting programs and workload activities.
* Draft's correspondence to mail along with checks to vendors and clients.
Other job duties include:
* follow up with vendors or accounting department as needed.
* open and distribute incoming mail/faxes, maintain back-up documentation for refunds and payments.
* Research and respond to administrative matters; draft correspondence, prepare reports, conduct electronic searches to obtain e-mails utilizing different platforms; collect, organize, compile, and maintain hard copy and electronic files, screen all calls and refer to appropriate staff, and work with material of a technical and/or confidential nature.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 128766 when responding to this ad.