Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial statements and reports. Administers AR/invoices and other related clerical functions.
- Provide a full range of support including but not limited to processing commodity and freight invoices, verifying accuracy of correct counter party, amount and banking instructions.
- Verify payment terms, approval signatures, and valid general ledger account codes. Ensure the accuracy of the counter party invoice in relation to price, quantity and terms. Research discrepancies and following through to resolution.
- Process corrections to clear balances and resolve customer payment discrepancies and provide accurate accounting records to ensure a clear audit trail is maintained.
- Coordinate all communication with counter-parties relating to invoices, payments, customer service and special requests.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and provide flexibility when requested to work on special projects.
- This position may require overtime hours due to time sensitive deadlines
- High school graduate required. College degree in related function preferred.
- 2+ years previous Accounts payable experience preferred.
- Dedication to excellence; flexibility; and teamwork skills required.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to details.
- High aptitude for numbers.
- Computer literate on an intermediate level in Microsoft suite of products – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Frequent, long periods of working in standard office environment using standard office equipment