Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial statements and reports. Administers AP/AR and other related clerical accounting functions.
- Process vendor payments by system, manual check process, ACH and wire transfer in compliance.
- Provide a full range of accounting and sales coordination support.
- Reconciles vendor prepayments & statements
- Coordinate communications with customers relating to orders, transportation, invoicing, customer complaints and special requests. Learn all aspects in the accounting department (invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.)
- Process vendor invoices in a timely manner and verify payment terms, approval signatures, and valid general ledger account codes. Ensure the accuracy of the vendor invoice in relation to price, quantity and terms. Research discrepancies and following through to resolution.
- Process corrections to clear balances and resolve customer payment discrepancies and provide accurate accounting records to ensure a clear audit trail is maintained.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and provide flexibility when requested to work on special projects, including working overtime if necessary to ensure pertinent department tasks are completed.
- Cross train in other Finance Specialist positions to assist with absences and as variable workloads dictate the need to accomplish department daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
- Handle other ad hoc activities and special administrative projects as directed by management, as well as overflow work from other administrative staff.
- Order office supplies as directed.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Utilize Pacificor’s enterprise software and information systems.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Time management
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It is the management’s overall intent to have a very relaxed work atmosphere with very minimal supervision.
- Two to five years experience in an administrative or accounting capacity
- Two-year business degree or certification, or equivalent experience preferred
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral, written, and presentation formats is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently with a sense of urgency.
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and accurately
- Ability to follow directions, and fill out forms exactly
- Excellent telephone skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel