Aerotek has partnered with a locally owned company for an excellent direct hire opportunity! This company offers a culture that embodies the family atmosphere of a small, locally owned company while offering the training, and professional development to accelerate career growth.
All full-time employees enjoy a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, health insurance, retirement, and paid time off.
The Accounting Assistant will directly support the Controller by executing general accounting duties. Daily responsibilities include recording financial transactions, reconciling accounting information, and working with customers and vendors to complete accounts receivable, and accounts payable responsibilities. Attention to detail and proactive posture are critical to monitoring and tracking a high volume of daily transactions across business units. Responsiveness and adaptability of the Accounting Assistant will ensure the delivery of a high standard of service. Candidates must be able to multi-task and utilize all means of technology (internal and external) to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Experience in accounting (A/R, A/P, bookkeeping)
- Experience in business - customer service, and (or) food/grocery industries (preferred)
- Experience with ERP or TMS systems (preferred)
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts
- Proactive posture
- Must have strong problem-solving skills; ability to think and respond quickly
- Strong written and oral communication skills utilizing various communication platforms
- Strong Attention to detail
- Work effectively independently, and within a collaborative team atmosphere while promoting a positive work environment
- Time management - ability to work well in a fast-paced environment; prioritizing and expediting tasks as necessary to meet regular deadlines
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities, including effective follow-up skills
- Process driven - follow existing processes and develop new to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to work at a computer in an office setting for extended periods of time
- Experience with general office administration - scanning, copying, filing, and mailing
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (accounting - preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient with accounting/general ledger software (QuickBooks, Sage, Peachtree, MS Dynamics, etc.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.