A Chicago-based law firm is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Accounting Assistant to join their team. The Accounting Assistant will own the full AP, AR, and billing processes. The Accounting Assistant will work with all individuals within the firm from bookkeepers to attorneys and should be highly collaborative and professional in manner. This is a great opportunity for someone who has impeccable attention to detail and is skilled in customer service. The salary range for this role is $46k-$55k commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant:
- Prepare monthly reports including pre-bills and invoices
- Answer billing questions and fulfill client requests
- Review invoices from vendors and cut checks accordingly
- Dispute invoicing issues and uphold vendor relationships
- Deposit electronic client payments and process refunds
- Draft accounts receivable reports and distribute appropriately