Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial statements and reports. Administers AR/invoices and other related clerical functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a full range of support including but not limited to processing commodity and freight invoices, verifying accuracy of correct counterparty, amount and banking instructions.
- Verify payment terms, approval signatures, and valid general ledger account codes. Ensure the accuracy of the counterparty invoice in relation to price, quantity and terms. Research discrepancies and following through to resolution.
- Process corrections to clear balances and resolve customer payment discrepancies and provide accurate accounting records to ensure a clear audit trail is maintained.
- Coordinate all communication with counterparties relating to invoices, payments, customer service and special requests.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and provide flexibility when requested to work on special projects.
Other Job Functions:
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
- High school graduate required. College degree in related function preferred.
- Dedication to excellence; flexibility; and teamwork skills required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Ability to work in fast paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to details.
- High aptitude for numbers.
- Computer literate on an intermediate level in Microsoft suite of products – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- 2+ years’ previous Accounts Payable experience preferred.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
- Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer printer and phone up to 90% of the time
- Frequently communicates with employees in the office and at remote locations