Calling all accounting whizzes! If you bring a detail-oriented and analytical approach to the table, then look no further - your new career as Cash Applications Analyst awaits you at Welbilt!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Cash Applications Analyst - you will be responsible for processing accounts receivable by preparing AR reports, applying remittance information, receiving and depositing customer payments, and completing this process by posting all pertinent AR activity to the general ledger.
Reporting directly to the Credit Manager - this position will be located in Tampa, FL*.
- Process accounts receivable and post activity to the GL
- Generate AR reports and invoices
- Apply cash remittances
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts
- Maintaining data integrity within customer master records
- Transmit billing data to customers
- Escalate business questions to AR Team Lead and Managers
- Understand the AR function, key policies, and standard operating procedures
- Build effective relationships with internal parties to develop solutions and resolve issues collectively
- Process accounts receivable by applying cash remittances and receiving/depositing customer payments
- Generate invoices transmit billing data to customers. Resolve billing inquires and answer customer questions.
- Update and maintenance of accounts receivable database
- Prepare AR reports and generate other AR outputs
- Post AR activity to the GL and post receivable entries
- Perform month-end tasks - Review Credit / AR with manager
- Monitor status of unapplied payments as well as related entries
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably Accounting/Finance or business-related degree; with a minimum of one years of closely related Accounting/Finance experience is required. Will consider a minimum of five years of closely related experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Cash Applications is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Relevant software applications experience is preferred.
- Shared Services work experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Customer service.
- Basic verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast paced and multi-task environment.
- Must be well organized and able to function within tight deadlines.
*Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities. For more information, please visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.