UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Compiles financial statements for various State and Federal government customers in prescribed formats by collecting financial data from Peoplesoft General Ledger and other finance data repositories while ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Prepares standard month-end journal entries pertaining to revenues and expense, books accruals and reclassification entries
- Performs gain / risk share calculations in accordance with contract language and ensures client settlements in timely manner
- Collaborates with FP&A and shared services team in building and maintaining allocation models and keeps track of allowable and allocable costs charged to specific contracts
- Prepares account reconciliations and investigate and resolve variances
- Reconciles GL membership to remit files and investigates discrepancies
- Supports audits, AUPs and other ad-hoc financial examinations as requested by the regulatory authorities
- Develops expertise on internal UHG reporting systems including PeopleSoft, Essbase Smart-View, Revenue Accuracy Manager, UDW and FIN360 applications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, V-Lookups)
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with various systems and databases
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Medicaid and/or Medicare accounting or reporting experience
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Peoplesoft Financial System, SAS and/or SQL
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accountant, Month End Close, Journal Entries, GAAP, Reporting, Excel, Accounting, Finance, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Statements, Microsoft Excel, Excel, Specialty Benefits, Hyperion Essbase, Peoplesoft Financial System, SAS, SQL, Medicaid, Medicare, Auditing, Financial Reporting, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Columbia, MD, Maryland, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare