Our client (a non profit organization) in the Mercer County area is looking for an accountant to assist in the day-to-day financial operations of the organization.
- Demonstrates effective communication, positive attitude, flexibility, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Utilizes accounting system, Athena billing system, and proficient in excel
- Records journal entries, reconciles general ledger accounts and exhibits financial analytical skills
- Reconciles different bank accounts and prepares supporting schedules
- Make copies of all checks, complete deposit slips and make bank deposits
- Cash counting, recording checks and accounts receivable transactions
- Assist in month-end, year-end closings and preparation of audit work papers
- Willingness to be cross trained in all functions of finance department and tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ability to keep up with multiple deadlines and project goals
- Implementation and maintenance of accounting procedures compliant with GAAP
- Bachelor's degree required in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting professional practices and procedures.
- Computer literate preferable experience with automated accounting software (MIP), spreadsheets and word processing, advanced Excel and pivot tables.
- Experience in a public health care or community clinic setting & knowledge of fiscal administration as applied to health care operations, preferred.